Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Level 80 -- Now what?

I just reached level 80 on my main character in Everquest II. To be honest, I really took my time doing it too. The first weekend the expansion was out, my computer room was all torn apart, so I did not play. I took a few days of here and there for family reasons. I also took a little over a week off when I went to visit my son. I cut my playing time down each day compared to how I have played in the past. So I was not making a mad dash to level 80, yet here I am.

So.......what do I do now? OK, I still have to finish my achievement point leveling, but I only need 10 more points. I figure I will have those in a week or less. I can also work on the quests that I did not finish before I hit level 80, but there really is not much of an incentive for me to do that. The priest quest rewards are, IMO, screwed up and now I am not getting experience for the quests. So why bother.

I can catch up on my tradeskill levels. Most people that know me know I would rather give birth than tradeskill. I find it boring (sorry Domino, I think you have done a great job of sprucing up tradeskilling.), it is just not my cup of tea. Maybe if experience moved faster or the process itself moved a bit faster, I would not equate it to watching paint dry. I want to finish a couple of Heritage Quests that I need a higher level of tradeskilling, so this might just motivate me back into the cellar. Even this will not take me more than 3-4 weeks.

I can make an alt and actually play it up to level 80. I just find I am very attached to my main character and I really miss not being able to play her. So my question is why put out an expansion and increase the level cap if people could get to 80 within days of the expansion coming out? I miss the days of taking a very long time to level. I am sure I am in the minority in the day of "everything has to be NOW" but I still wish my adventuring levels took a lot longer to earn so I feel like I am actually doing something till the next expansion is released.

Just my opinion
Gethani

No comments: