Friday, June 27, 2008

11 Dimensions and Gaming

Interesting topic, isn't it? On my path to a more profound look at my existence (I am so far outside the box that I can not even see the boundaries anymore), I was lead to Rev. Angela Peregoff and Science of Mind. During one of our class sessions I mentioned that I play MMO's (ok when don't I mention I play MMO's). After a brief explanation of what exactly an MMO was, our instructor said playing games of this type is one way of opening ourselves up to the way of thinking where anything is possible! In our games we can be different races, different sexes, and have different functions. We can play more than one character at a time, we can fly, we can run faster than wolves, we can become animals, we can heal the sick and we can raise the dead.

In Everquest II, I have an ability called Featherfall that allows me to float down from the highest levels, as if skydiving without a parachute. This is one of my favorite things to do in game. Almost as if the experience is tugging on a soul memory buried so deep it took a game to awaken it. All my life, I have felt like a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. In my game I feel most at home. Don't get me wrong, I have a full life that I enjoy and life path that is amazing to travel, but I have always known there was more.

We live in a three dimensional existence. Or do we? I have recently found out that scientists believe that there can be as many as 11 dimensions. What if the flashes of creativity that we get are glimpses of an existence in another dimension? What if multiboxing characters in a game is a tug on a string to remember that we are living more than one existence at a time? I have come to believe that gamers are drawn to games because we are multidimensional beings and games tug at memories buried in our 3 dimensional way of thinking. I feel that game designers have a mandate to create games that help awaken our long buried soul memories. I know many game designers and a lot of them are just as far outside the box as I am, even if they do not realize it. They are driven to create games that push our way of thinking to the limits.

Just my opinion
Gethani


For more information just google dimensional shift, Noetic Science, A. R. E.

No comments: